Re: using the plextalk

  • From: Jennifer Sutton <jensutton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 09:39:56 -0400

Hi:

For my money, the Iriver has a-plenty of drawbacks, given what I've read on this list. It's all about what you can afford and what you need tools to do for you.

If I decide to do a podcast, I plan to use my Plextalk; I cannot see why it won't work. The audio-voice recordings I've made on it (using my Flash card) are fine and sound better to my ears than some I've heard on the iriver. Lots of that probably has to do with mikes and the like.

I believe that every tool has its purpose, and people should use the tools they can afford to put in their toolkits.

I happen to own a Plextalk, but if I didn't, it'd certainly be too expensive just for podcasting. But it wasn't designed for that; it has many many purposes.

Also note that the PTR2 is under development.

Kevin, there's a PTR1 users listserv on Freelists, I believe, if you're not already on it.

Best,
Jennifer