blind_html Toshiba Problems

  • From: "Marvin Hunkin" <startrekcafe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind_html@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 20:32:13 +1100

Hi.
spent most of today at a friends place with my a 300 satellite psa g4a
notebook.
and tried to figure out why the web cam driver is not working.
we we suspected that the unknown device under imaging in windows vista home
premium, might be a usb controller hard ware device.
so,maybe the usb controller is malfunctioning, the web cam is not working
either.
and comes up with an error every time i start windows vista.
webcam error, web cam driver. please start your camera or start windows, or
some thing like that.
so, any one experienced this problem, as the microphone is linked to the
camera.
tried a few things, but did not resolve it.
either there is some conflict in the driver software or the usb controller
is faulty.
so the only thing left to do, and not really keen on doing that, is back up
all my software to my friends external hard disk, and then use the recovery
disk function of the laptop and reinstall the operating system, to see if
that can be restored.
or resolved.
did try searching on google, and on toshiba forums, and lots of people
posting and complaining of the same thing on their different models of their
toshiba laptops, and toshiba knows about the problem, but has never fixed
it.
cannot contact toshiba australia, no e-mail or web form, only via phone, and
not open on weekends.
so if any one has run into this same problem, and can advice me how to fix
this, before going down this long task of reinstalling the whole 250 gb
software.
and have backed up my critical data to a 2 gb flash drive.
cheers Marvin.
ps: if no one can help me out, then next weekend, will be reinstalling the
whole operating system, with my sighted friend's help.

blind_html
blind_html-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with unsubscribe in the subject line.
To access the archives, please visit: