[blazie-support] how do I work this thing???

  • From: "Laura Eaves" <leaves@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "notetaker list" <blazie-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 04:28:00 -0400

I've been plpaying around with my brl lite and have some questions.
I really like the features on it and wonder why I never got one of these
before...
However, I've been having trouble figuring out how to do some things...

1) If there's nothing on the display or every movement causes it to print
"file is empty", how do I determine what file it's in?
Or, more generally, how do I tell what state the thing is in so as to avoid
the unexpected?
Or better yet, is there such a thing as a context menu on this thing?

2) when I'm finished using the calculator, how do I get out of it?  I tried
everything I could think of but got syntax errors or calculator mode changes
no matter what I typed -- everything but exiting the calculator.  I even
tried typing "exit", but of course that failed.  I had to turn the machine
off and back on again to get out of it.

3) when I'm in the status menu, how do I determine the shortcut character
that goes with a specific option?  For example, I want to turn speech on and
off, which takes forever unless you happen to know that the s chord will
take you directly to that option.  Entering the status menu with 34 chord
then arrowing through all the options takes forever.  It would be nice if
there was a way to learn the shortcuts.  (Ok, maybe it's in the manual, but
I haven't read much in it yet -- I think things like this should be built
into the software, not hidden away in a manual.)

I'm sure I'll have more questions as time goes on.
But meanwhile, I do like this thing...
Comments welcome! Thanx! :)
--le