[blazie-support] Re: how do I work this thing???

  • From: Stephen Clower <supersteve03@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blazie-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 08:43:26 -0500

Hi Laura.
Granted, these note takers are, as Jonathan Moson put it, "very mature."
There isn't really that much "context help," but there is a help file which
you can reach from within any file by hitting dots 1456-chord. Now, to
answer your questions.
 From within a file, hit Z-chord, and that will bring up its name, number
in the file system, size, etc. Likewise, to exit the calculator, hit
Z-chord. To find a hotkey in the status menu, hit the current character
key, which is dots 36-chord.
These things take a little time getting used to, but once you've figured
your way around it's very easy and quick to get to whatever you need.
At 04:28 AM 8/25/02 -0400, you wrote:

>I've been plpaying around with my brl lite and have some questions.
>I really like the features on it and wonder why I never got one of these
>before...
>However, I've been having trouble figuring out how to do some things...
>
>1) If there's nothing on the display or every movement causes it to print
>"file is empty", how do I determine what file it's in?
>Or, more generally, how do I tell what state the thing is in so as to avoid
>the unexpected?
>Or better yet, is there such a thing as a context menu on this thing?
>
>2) when I'm finished using the calculator, how do I get out of it?  I tried
>everything I could think of but got syntax errors or calculator mode changes
>no matter what I typed -- everything but exiting the calculator.  I even
>tried typing "exit", but of course that failed.  I had to turn the machine
>off and back on again to get out of it.
>
>3) when I'm in the status menu, how do I determine the shortcut character
>that goes with a specific option?  For example, I want to turn speech on and
>off, which takes forever unless you happen to know that the s chord will
>take you directly to that option.  Entering the status menu with 34 chord
>then arrowing through all the options takes forever.  It would be nice if
>there was a way to learn the shortcuts.  (Ok, maybe it's in the manual, but
>I haven't read much in it yet -- I think things like this should be built
>into the software, not hidden away in a manual.)
>
>I'm sure I'll have more questions as time goes on.
>But meanwhile, I do like this thing...
>Comments welcome! Thanx! :)
>--le
>

>---