[bksvol-discuss] Re: xt file?

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 19:55:26 -0500

If you want to check for page breaks you will need something other than
Wordpad.  Word works, but if you don't have it I would use your braille
note.  The braille note probably works better anyway, as long as it
doesn't eat the end of the file like they do sometimes. :-)
Actually if you use a braille note for editing and don't make changes to
the font in the book you might as well leave it as a text file.
creating or retaining page breaks, which the braille note does just fine
no matter the file type, was the only reason why some volunteers needed
bookshare to allow RTF uploads of TXT files.  If you keep it as a TXT
file the braille note won't be tempted to eat it. :-)

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity