[bksvol-discuss] Re: question about publisher

  • From: socly@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 01:30:52 -0500

Hi, Grace,

I had one like that a short while ago. I sent a copy of the title page to Jesse
(he was still working at the time) and he ascertained that the British Company
either was a subsidiary of an American company, I think Random House, or vice
versa, i.e., the American Company was a subsidiary or somehow otherwise in a
relationship with the British company and so it was o.k. I thik the book was
Silk, by Alessandro Baricco. ( know his third book has been submitted (I forget
the name). If that's the one you're validating, it's o.k.