[bksvol-discuss] Re: please more submits so I can proof read

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 09:03:45 -0400

Hi all,

Of course these are legitimate reasons for doing a "jiffy job".  These are the
exceptions that make the rule.  <smiling>

Ann P.
On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 10:12:37PM -0400, Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx wrote:
> There might actually be legitimate reasons for jiffy proofreading sometimes,
> or perhaps I need to come up with another term for what I have in mind. I can
> think of three times that I did it. One time it was a book for young
> children,
> very young children. It really did take me only a few minutes to proofread
> the problem and solution for Big Bird. The other two times I found a book on
> the
> download list that Carrie had bounced back a long time ago with a note to
> make a minor correction and then she would approve it. Well, the former
> proofreader had not bothered to make the correction and a lot of time had
> passed, so I
> just made the correction and uploaded without reading it. I think that was
> legitimate.
>
>                   "Philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various
> ways; the point is to change it." Karl Marx
>
> table with 2 columns and 6 rows
> Subj:
> [bksvol-discuss] Re: please more submits so I can proof read
> Date:
> 3/15/2009 9:36:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time
> From:
> denisecwagner@xxxxxxxxxxx
> To:
> bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Sent from the Internet
> (Details)
> table end
>
> And please forgive me for forgetting who had this idea, but I think the more
> quality reports that get reported for these jiffy readers, the more likely
> we will have a case for Bookshare to hold these skaters responsible for
> shoddy work.  On the other hand, if a person is a jiffy reader, and the job is
> quality and no report can be filed, I don't think we have a problem or reason
> to complain.  Of course, since I'm not a member I can't file any, but I think
> it's a great idea.  Get the shoddy work on record, then have Bookshare
> investigate and maybe eventually reprimand or prevent these sub-par proofers
> from
> submitting anything (if they are sub-par).
>
> I would only caution against one thing -- making sure the jiffy reader is
> truly just skating and not a newbie and ignorant of the duties and
> expectations.
>
> Boy, I'm spouting my mouth alot today -- I need a hobby *chuckle*.
>
> Denise

> --

AAnn K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
Email:  akp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site:  http://www.portaltutoring.info
blog:  http://www.samobile.net/users/akp
Skype:  Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."  JRRT