[bksvol-discuss] Re: please more submits so I can proof read

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 08:14:05 -0400

Jamie you and I have worked together on books. You can write me off list if you think you have a book which may interest me. I had no idea the checked books list had gone into this state. I have been busy working for pay rather than volunteering for bookshare during the past few weeks so just have not kept up with everything I guess.

E.

At 06:26 AM 3/16/2009, you wrote:
I used to only do hold fors when a person would ask for the book specifically because I liked the system of a person being able to browse the available books and choose one. But that system is just not working the same way anymore, I guess, since there are generally few books to choose from. And then when I noticed the pattern of the one person just snapping up all of my submissions and then checking them in 18-20 minutes later I began to see why so many people submit with a hold for. They want quality proofreading work. It's only fair to the many members of Bookshare to get a good scan and a good proofread so I'm pretty sold on the hold for thing now and am actively looking for people to place a hold for.
--
Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading: Lost: The Search for Six of Six Million by Daniel Mendelsohn