[bksvol-discuss] Re: page breaks in text files

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 07:31:26 -0500

Tracey,  send me a private note,  so I can send you a copy of SAPI 4 which
is downlevel compatible with 3.0.

Guido

Guido D. Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
IBM Research,
Phone:  (512) 838-9735
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx

Visit my weekly Accessibility WebLog at:
http://www-3.ibm.com/able/weblog/corona_weblog.html

Tracy Carcione <carcione@xxxxxxxxx>
05/13/2004 07:05 AM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: page breaks in text files

Guido,
I'm using Windows 98.

>If you have Microsoft Speech API 3.0 in control panel Add/Remove,  you
>also may have another source of instability.
I had it, and when I saw your note I went over and removed it, and now K1K
doesn't talk at all!  My primary speech on K1K was Flextalk.  I guess I
better call Kurzweil again.
Not talking did possibly help; I was able to get some stuff done just
using
my braille display.  It was slow responding, but didn't actually crash,
which makes me think it's a system resource issue.  I think I had 77%
free,
before I went into K1K.
Tracy