[bksvol-discuss] Re: page breaks in text files

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 16:09:05 -0500

My computer is a 1Ghz AMD with 376mb RAM.  The strange number is caused by 8
mb being used for video.  I run xp pro from the E partition of my harddrive,
and have 98 on C.  Kurzweil and all my other software is installed to both C
and E, so the two operating systems can't mess with each other's files.
I have an MSI motherboard with a VIA chipset that jaws doesn't get along
with.  Freedom Scientific is currently investigating, so I don't use xp
much.  I don't use it at all for scanning because I need a new PCI SCSI card
instead of the ISA one I use in Windows 98.  My crashes only happen when
reading.  I suppose I could say how often if I used it more, but I've kind
of given up on xp for now.  I really need a new motherboard, but I'm sure
Microsoft would object to Xp being installed on what they will think is a
new computer.
I don't know if Kurzweil can object to my motherboard too, but I wouldn't be
surprised about it if it did.  Maybe it is just a continuation of the
multiple synthesizers conflicting problem.  It shouldn't be the sound card,
because I don't use the onboard one.  I installed a SoundBlaster Live value.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
curious entity at earthlink dot net