[bksvol-discuss] Re: one more Re: questions about: titles, hyphens, footnotes

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, charisma <wishfulfish@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 23:57:39 -0500

Hi Charisma,

You can create your own cheap reader using an standard portable mp3 player that has controls you can work and a really inexpensive software package you install on a regular computer called Textaloud. It takes several steps to do it, but you can make an MP3 from a Bookshare book that can then be played on any of the cheap portable MP3 players. I think there are several people on this list who do that regularly, so maybe someone here can pipe in and give us instructions on how they do it. But that way you can read wherever you go and not worry about losing that expensive portable reader! smile.

Judy s.
Charisma wrote:
Me, too. Before I had my brain injury I read CONSTANTLY and rarely
left the house without at least 3 books in my pack. Now that I have a
reader, I have something like 200 books on it, but I am afraid to take
it out--too expensive to risk--so I am still lonely for books in
waiting rooms. Wish these readers were cheaper! Nothing like the look,
feel, smell, and (relative) in-expense of a real book.