[bksvol-discuss] Re: one more Re: questions about: titles, hyphens, footnotes

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 21:05:59 -0700

Hi Charisma!

Okay, thanks for the clarification!

So, Acknowledgments should be bold and at 16 point.
And you are correct, that for best results, inserting the word Chapter
before your chapter items is a good idea. So, you're on the right track.
It's not a problem to have two consecutive lines of text for a chapter
heading, or any other heading.  The tools can handle that. Here's why there
needed to be clarification.  Originally, the tools are supposed to see any
text bolded and enlarged as a heading.  Unfortunately, because no tool is
always perfect, sometimes, if the word "Chapter" isn't inserted, they get
confused (the tools get confused) and don't always create the headings.  It
appears that with the word "Chapter" present, they never have a problem.
So, we insert it, because, who wants problems, and doesn't want to prevent
them whenever possible?  So, that's why there may sometimes be confusion on
this topic.

Thanks for being so conscientious, and congratulations on what you're
accomplishing and have already accomplished!  Isn't this fun?

Sorry, I'm a deranged perfectionist, and a book fiend, so I just love this
work.

Mayrie