[bksvol-discuss] Re: norton

  • From: "Tiffany H. Jessen" <tjessen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 19:54:41 -0400

Just as a note, with kurzweil you can change your scanner settings and rerecognize individual or all pages without having to go through actually rescanning a page. This is good not only for us who get our reading materials from outside sources and don't have to reobtain the book, but it's even good for us who don't have sighted assistance to find a page in the book again in order to rescan it. I can remember those days of college where I had to go back and find pages in textbooks because columns mode was on when it should have been off or vice-versa and basically it was only an option of randomly opening and estimating the number of pages to flip, scan, and read the page number Hopefully at that point you were then close enough to the page you wanted that you could count forward or backwards to the one you wanted, or if not you would have to randomly jump a stack of pages again, scan, and start all over. hopefully at some point you would find the page you needed.
Not fun..

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kenneth Cross" <crossk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>