[bksvol-discuss] norton

  • From: "k4zq" <k4zq@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 02:18:01 -0400

Cindy, et al,

This is my final statement on the Norton.

First of all, Cindy, thanks for the missing pages, and for the offer of help in
the future.

I had rejected this book for what I thought were logical and legitimate
reasons.  Then, I was asked to re-submit the book and continue validating it.

Today on the list, I received some e-mails that per haps I mis-interpreted, but
which deserve a reply.

I have not applied for any submission credits.  to do so would have been
dishonest, since whoever scanned the book deserves full credit for submitting
it.  As for 50 cents credit for validating over 2,000 pages, that's a damned
insult, and I wouldn't accept it if it were offered to me.  My time isn't that
worthless.  Either I'm doing this book out of a love of literature, or not at
all.  This amount for this much work is simply ridiculous, and not worth the
trouble.

Gerald, I must address you directly, since you waited till after the book was
re-submitted to make the statement that a rejection was not official until
Gustavo approved it.  You'd have been of much more help if you had said so
before I went to the trouble of re-submitting it, and been so good as to tell
me where to retrieve the file.

Cindy, again, I'm extremely grateful for your offer of continued help, for, I
was going to say that I would validate the book with or without the missing
pages, and let the chips fall where they may.  However, thanks to your
generosity, that has become a moot point.

By the way, Cindy, you're right, it does make one feel as though he (or she) is
back in a college lit classroom.

Finally, if someone scans and submits vol. II of this edition, I'll be happy to
work on it, since it then will be a matched set.  Otherwise, someone else can
validate the copy of a later edition, then hope that vol. I of that edition is
done.

So, that's it, folks.  Now, instead of wasting my time in fruitless discussion
and veiled accusation, I am going to work on the book.

Again, Cindy, thanks for the pages.  I shall paste them in, and continue from
there.

Peace,

Ernie

Ps

Cindy,

The original file I have is in askiitxt format.  If the rtf pages won't match,
please send them to me in the matching format.
Ernie