[bksvol-discuss] file conversion question, txt file dilemma

  • From: "Jamie Prater" <jdprater@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 07:41:47 -0500

Hi, all, I've heard from at least one reliable source that .txt files can't be
used on bookshare and if they are saved as rtf files, they'll lose formatting.
The file I have, I had to save to this format because the book wouldn't read
properly with pdf adobe and jaws, and while I was getting signed up as a
bookshare member, I was told I could submit txt files by a bookshare staff
member.  I believe my reliable source that says you can't submit .txt files to
bookshare, I just wanted to ask out here as well to see if there's any hope at
all whatsoever as I've got a friend who has quite a few books on txt as well as
rtf and a few ark's, and all totaled, she has a sizable collection that I'd
love to see added to the bookshare library.  Any suggestions or light on the
subject would be greatly appreciated as neither of us felt that it would be a
problem to save files this way or we would have saved them originally as rtf so
they would be appropriate for bookshare.  Thanks a bunch and have a blessed
day.