[bksvol-discuss] extra page numbers

  • From: "Jill O'Connell" <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 10:24:34 -0800

I hope that someone familiar with the page numbering issue will answer this. I
just finished reading At the Deep End of the Ocean by Jacqueline Prichard.
Obviously it wasn't a new scan because I didn't see the dotted line in braille
but numbers went along in a consecutive manner. However, once in a while I
would see a header that either the stripper or the scanner/validator had missed
and in this case the number shown was very different from the consecutive
numbers, about three hundred different. I'm afraid I'm not explaining this very
well but I can't understand the two numbers being seen and would like to know
what would cause this. There were over 700 pages but when a header showed up,
its number was in the 400's. Anyone care to tackle this?