[bksvol-discuss] Re: extra page numbers

  • From: "Pratik Patel" <pratikp1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 17:38:19 -0500

Jill,

I'm neither Gerald nor Jake.  I'll try to take a crack at your questions
though.

There are several possibilities as to why you have duplicate page breaks in
an RTF file.  It's a strong ;possibility that  the page size for these pages
exceed the typical 11 inches in length.  It doesn't appear as though the
size exceeds much.  Word has decided to put in an extra page break to
compensate each time the page length is more than it should be.  There is
another possibility but I won't go into it much.

There is an easy way to get this resolve if Word will let you.  Go to MS
Word, and open the RTF in that program.   Go to file/page set up/paper.  In
the paper type combo box, choose "custom"  Tab to the width field and pub
8.5" and in the ln len field, pub 22"  (the quotation mark stands for inches
so it must go there.  Press enter and choose ignore when you're presented
with a dialog box regarding margins.

Save the file and open it back in Kurzweil 1000.  See if the duplicate page
break problem disappears.  If it doesn't, you'll have  to manually delete
each extra page break.  Essentially put your cursor after  the first page
break and before the second page break.  Press CTRL+shift+enter.  The extra
page break will be merged with the prior page.  Be sure to save your file
periodically.

If you think this is too much work, let one of us know.  Maybe I'll pick it
up.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Pratik