[bksvol-discuss] Re: copyright validation

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 14:32:50 -0700 (PDT)

Sometimes because of the scanning the copyright holder
isn't totally visible. I helped someone who asked--the
copyright holder's name was the very first line under
the page break, and in fairly small print (I guess
that wouldn't matter, would it--smile) whereas the
rest of the copyright page info was quite a bit
further down the page. I think he just missed it and
thought perhaps the publisher held the copyright.
Also, sometimes when the word "copyright" isn't there
and only the symbol is, it doesn't scan as the symbol
but as something un-identifiable. That was the case
with another book someone asked about.

Cindy