[bksvol-discuss] children's books

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 07:58:50 -0500

Some users read to their children, or to cousins, nieces and nephews and so forth using our braille displays.

I suggest and have suggested for a while, that it might be a good idea to increase the credit for validation for a longer book. For instance, perhaps the credit could be increased to a dollar from fifty cents for any book of 300 pages or over. This might slow down the tendency to approve children's books as a validator just because they are short reads. Similarly, perhaps the fee for submitting could be based on a sliding sscale, say one dollar for a book a hundred pages long, two for something two hundred pages long and three dollars for three hundred and so forth.

This is a slightly more complicated system than what is now in use but takes account of the time necessary to scan and validate longer books.

E.