[bksvol-discuss] Re: book without copyright information

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 00:04:49 -0800 (PST)

I checked not only Amazon, as did Jamie, but the
government copyright office and theLC catalog, and
there is no copyright listed, though since the book
was only recently published, it may be that if a
copyright was applied for it hasn't been registered
yet.

However, Christina sent me all the pages before the
main body of the book, and there are only two--no
title page or copyright page; usually in a book there
are, in addition to a copyright page, a title page,
often two or three, and a blank page. This also
appears to be the first book published by that press,
a unique one. I've written to ask if either the author
or the publisher has applied for a copyright.

G.Cindy

at
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/