[bksvol-discuss] another newby questions please and thank you.

  • From: "gwen tweedy" <gstweedy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 13:57:56 -0500

My name is Gwen wife of Bob who is already a volunteer for a long time here on
bookshare.
My  questions are these:
Is there a better place than another to put a book on your scanner bed
The first mailing I got from volunteer was a rejection of a book because words
were cut off but what was odd was when I read it or herard  it on the scanner I
heard all the words so didn't know this so thought it was OK and put up a bad
book.
Now ordenarily,
a few years ago,
I would have just stopped, gave up and chalked it up to I'll never learn or get
it,
but for some reason I am glad I got and that that first mailing was a rejection,
because it tells me, and taught me what not to do.
And I am ready and willing to try again,
I am determined, I am one that I have to get it right or knock myself out
trying *smile*
I try to never but seldom let any thing beat me.
another question:
I know the book has to lie flat, but what do you really push down to make that
happen, because you have to be careful if it is not your book and I feel like
I'm putting a terrible amount of pressure on hands and book just to get it to
come out right,
do you really have to  press down that hard?
Thanks for any help.
Sorry if these questions seem silly or mundain.