[bksvol-discuss] Re: another newby questions please and thank you.

  • From: "gwen tweedy" <gstweedy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 14:28:52 -0500

Thank you so very much Mary
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mayrie ReNae
  To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, August 04, 2009 2:09 PM
  Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: another newby questions please and thank you.

  Hi Gwen,

      Yes, you really do have to push down that hard on the spine of the book.
I know, it feels like you're going to press so hard that the scanner glass will
just fall right into the scanner.  But it doesn't.  Or it hasn't to me.  And
unless the book has a binding already in bad shape, you won't hurt it pressing
on it as hard as you need to to get all of the text to show up in the scan.

      As to the best place on the scanner to put your book, as long as one edge
of your book is at the edge of the glass where the scanner bar begins its trip
across the glass you're good to go.  You technically probably don't have to do
this, but I think it's recommended.

  Good luck.

  Mayrie