[bksvol-discuss] Re: another newby questions please and thank you.

  • From: "robert tweedy" <roberttweedy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 17:39:42 -0500

Hey Bud can always use another one, got three no make that four around here.
Shows you what we think of the 3600.
      From: gwen tweedy <gstweedy@xxxxxxx>
      Subject: [bksvol-discuss] another newby questions please and thank you.
      To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
      Date: Tuesday, August 4, 2009, 11:57 AM

      My name is Gwen wife of Bob who is already a volunteer for a long time
here on bookshare.

      My  questions are these:

      Is there a better place than another to put a book on your scanner bed

      The first mailing I got from volunteer was a rejection of a book because
words were cut off but what was odd was when I read it or herard  it on the
scanner
      I heard all the words so didn't know this so thought it was OK and put up
a bad book.

      Now ordenarily,

      a few years ago,

      I would have just stopped, gave up and chalked it up to I'll never learn
or get it,

      but for some reason I am glad I got and that that first mailing was a
rejection,

      because it tells me, and taught me what not to do.

      And I am ready and willing to try again,

      I am determined, I am one that I have to get it right or knock myself out
trying *smile*

      I try to never but seldom let any thing beat me.

      another question:

      I know the book has to lie flat, but what do you really push down to make
that happen, because you have to be careful if it is not your book and I feel
      like I'm putting a terrible amount of pressure on hands and book just to
get it to come out right,

      do you really have to  press down that hard?

      Thanks for any help.

      Sorry if these questions seem silly or mundain.

      block quote end

      A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps! (
http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222846709x1201493018/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=115&bcd=JulystepsfooterNO115
 )

    Bud Schwab
    W 6 Z Y P