[bksvol-discuss] Re: another newby questions please and thank you.

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 18:47:37 -0700 (PDT)

Willingness to try and to ask for help when needed are all that are necessary.
It may be a little slow learning process but there are plenty of people to
help, and you'll have fun while you're doing, as long as you don't get
discouraged. The reward is that nice note that your book has been accepted, and
the knowledge that you're helping so many people have a good reading
experience. smile

BTW, Her first name is Dale,spelled dale. (though if your book was accepted you
must have spelled it correctly.--although maybe I'm wrong. Maybe this is a
different woman, not RoyRogers' wife. I'm not sure she's still alive.

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List:

Date: Tuesday, August 4, 2009, 11:57
          AM

          My name is Gwen wife of Bob who is
          already a volunteer for a long time here on bookshare.
          My  questions are
these:
          Is there a better place than another to
          put a book on your scanner bed
          The first mailing I got from volunteer
          was a rejection of a book because words were cut off but what was odd
          was when I read it or herard  it on the scanner I heard all the
          words so didn't know this so thought it was OK and put up a bad
          book.
          Now ordenarily,
          a few years ago,
          I would have just stopped, gave up and
          chalked it up to I'll never learn or get it,
          but for some reason I am glad I got and
          that that first mailing was a rejection,
          because it tells me, and taught me what
          not to do.
          And I am ready and willing to try
          again,
          I am determined, I am one that I have to
          get it right or knock myself out trying *smile*
          I try to never but seldom let any thing
          beat me.
          another question:
          I know the book has to lie flat, but what
          do you really push down to make that happen, because you have to be
          careful if it is not your book and I feel like I'm putting a terrible
          amount of pressure on hands and book just to get it to come out
          right,
          do you really have to  press down
          that hard?
          Thanks for any help.