[bksvol-discuss] Re: adult rateing and page numbers

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 21:56:48 -0400

Dear Cindy,

I understand your suggestion, but for the record, this book isn't intended for preteens or teens. It's just that's the age of the author in the course of his memoir. I'm quite sure it would be in the adult section of the library. It's another Irish world from Angela's Ashes, but is equally rich in cultural detail, perspective and complex family and other relationships. I doubt a kid or teen would ever notice it.

As I think I said off list, I've come to know and care about these real people so much it seems odd they aren't on my Christmas card list. Not having dealt with books with many choice words, I hadn't given the adult rating question any thought. I'll write, "occasional use of profanity," in the long synopsis." It's just used as realistic lower middle-class Dublin dialogue. It's not like current comedy routines where every other word is blippable.

Always with love,

Lissi