[bksvol-discuss] Re: When to Reject!!

  • From: "Jana Jackson" <jana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 15:58:33 -0500

Hi, Mike!  Depending on how much work you want to do on the book, you could
always attempt to raise the quality a bit by correcting OCR errors as you
encounter them.  Right now I'm validating a book that is in fair condition,
and once I'm done, I'll be able to upgrade the quality to good, although
there are still some words missing from the text, as well as a few scannos
that I couldn't figure out.  If you use K1000, you can run it through the
ranked spelling feature to see what the percentage is for words spelled
correctly.  Jesse says that a book is considered readable with a 95%
accuracy.  Most of the volunteers would differ on that.  I would say that if
it's 97.5% or higher, you're probably okay.  Now that I have K1000, I try to
go for 99% or higher, but I think that's because the perfectionist spirit is
catching up with me. <Smile>  Hope this helps!

Jana