[bksvol-discuss] When to Reject!!

I am now validating a novel on which I have to decide whether the text is readable enough or not. The book is all there, I can follow the story, but there are a lot of words scrambled and missing. Where does one draw the line between accepting it as a fair book or canning it?
It has been sitting in the pool for a couple of months with no one touching it. The book is scanned by a frequent contributor though this particular book doesn't come up to what has been done by this individual in the past.

I could easily return it to the pool; but this likely would place the book in limbo for who knows how long?

So, how poor does fair text have to be to be bad text?