[bksvol-discuss] Re: When to Reject!!

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 18:04:13 -0400

Many of us who validate use a spell checker and the rank spelling tools in Kurzweilif we have it.

We all want these books to come out well.

E.

At 04:35 PM 8/27/2004, you wrote:

I guess I am a little insane. I actually use a spell checker on the books
which I am validating and do my best to bring them up to excellent quality.

David

-----Original Message----- From: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike Pietruk Sent: Friday, August 27, 2004 11:53 AM To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [bksvol-discuss] When to Reject!!

I am now validating a novel on which I have to decide whether the text is readable enough or not. The book is all there, I can follow the story, but there are a lot of words scrambled and missing. Where does one draw the line between accepting it as a fair book or canning it? It has been sitting in the pool for a couple of months with no one touching it. The book is scanned by a frequent contributor though this particular book doesn't come up to what has been done by this individual in the past.

I could easily return it to the pool; but this likely would place the book
in limbo for who knows how long?

So, how poor does fair text have to be to be bad text?