[bksvol-discuss] Re: What would you all think...

  • From: "Joshua M. Swatosh" <josh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 13:44:33 -0500

I second the idea!

  -----Original Message-----
  From: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Allison Mervis
  Sent: Saturday, May 21, 2005 7:49 AM
  To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: What would you all think...

  Sounds like a great and useful idea!
  Allison

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Jake Brownell
    To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Sent: Saturday, May 21, 2005 4:56 AM
    Subject: [bksvol-discuss] What would you all think...

    Hi all,
        I've had this idea bouncing around in my head for a while now and
wanted to know if anyone would be interested in such a project.
        If I were to create a site that users could put links to BookShare
titles into different categories/series listings, would you use it?
    For example, I know Shelley in particular wants a humor category *smile*
and on the site you could create a Humor category and then proceed to add
links to titles from the collection. You would need to enter, stuff like the
Title, Author and BookShare ID of the book and then the book would be linked
in that Category.
    Users of the site could go browse a category and if a title caught there
eye, click on the link and be taken to the BookShare page for that book.

    I'm a computer science geek and am looking for projects to keep me busy
*grin* and building and interactive website actually sounds like fun. So if
you have made it this far and are still interested in such a site, let me
know either on or off list. If there's enough interest I will start work on
it.

    Thanks!
    Jake