[bksvol-discuss] Re: Validating and Paragraph Marks

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 20:52:35 -0700 (PDT)

-

--.  Should I take out those
> extra paragraph marks so
> the text flows continuously until a true paragraph
> break?

No apologies necessary. That's what we're here for (as
well as being silly).

The short answer is yes. My OCR puts those paragraph
symbols in, and I learnedto take them out before I
submit. I'm not scanning any more, but  some of the
books I'm validating have thos on some pages but not
on others.

Unfortunately, though, you can't do a global replace
because then you get rid of the paragraph marks at the
ends of paragraphs, but you probably know that.

Occasionally  I've found that I can't get the next
line to line up correctly, or indent where I want it
to, unless I put a paragraph mark at the end of the
preceding line. I think I'm missing something in the
formatting, but I've tried everything I can think of
or find.

Cindy

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/