[bksvol-discuss] Re: Validating and Paragraph Marks

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 10:30:12 -0700 (PDT)

-Thanks, Kellie. I don't think I made myself clear
before.

When I scan, my OCR puts paragraph marks at the end of
 each line, keeping the line lengths the same as in
the book. When I validate before sending missing pages
to people, or when I validate books that where the
submitter seems to have the same kind of OCR (I'm
about to start one soon like that), then I manually
delete the p mark as I go along. It's no big deal.
Where I have a problem is sometimes when I want to
indent a section because it is a long quote and it is
indented in the book, or when I want to indent the
first line of a paragraph. Something in the original
formatting causes the whole paragrapah to move.  I've
tried checking the formatting choices and other
things. Finally, the only way I can get it right is by
putting a paragraph mark at the end of the preceding
line. Then I can do what I want with the next line. I
doesn't happen very often in a book, though, so I'm
glad to know that one stray p mark now and then won't
disturb anyone.  smile

http://mail.yahoo.com