[bksvol-discuss] Re: Uploading RTF files

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 10:54:26 -0500 (EST)

Stephen

The failed file was sent through another word processor, immediately saved
and reuploaded with no problem.
Hence, I no longer have it.

If I get another failed .rtf -- fingers crossing that I won't -- I'll send
it your way.  This might be one of those bugs that is hard to reproduce as
BookShare itself has had problems with file submissions prepared by
various programs on a hit and miss basis.
If I had to guess, the accepting software on BookShare's end is very
particular in what it deems a correct .rtf file, and what it views being a
b.rtf submitted erroeously.
The problem exists -- and K1000 may play a part in it -- but I doubt that
it is the sole cause of the submission failures.