[bksvol-discuss] Re: Thoughts On Older Books On Step 1

  • From: Barbara <barbarab65@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 20:41:59 -0700 (PDT)

I would love to receive double credit for validating textbooks. When I validate
anything, I usually read every word and this is a really tedious process. In
the end, I am getting quite an education. I would happy to validate all the
older books on literary criticism if I could get more credit for doing so.

  Barbara

Jill O'Connell <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I don't feel that it is necessary to validate every book just because it is
on the list. I have the feeling that a lot of these textbooks may be changed
every year; this and the fact that they are difficult to find make me
unwilling to tackle them. I would rather see books on the list for over a
year simply removed and held in a special list as are books needing a rescan
just in case someone decides to validate them, but this way the list would
be kept shorter. If I saw a textbook on the wish list, that would be a
different matter, but I much prefer validating a book when I have a copy of
it to refer to.