[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scanning tips

  • From: "Rik James" <d28rik@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 15:27:40 -0600

Thanks, Paula.

I was curious if they were still available.  Why do you suppose they are
not? If the OCR is not as good now, that is too bad.  Was that design of the
glass "edge" really good for what I was describing, to read the books with?

I have a friend near where I live who has one of those that she has not been
able to use anymore, she says.  She said a light was burned out and they
told her it could not be fixed.  She does not have anything now as far as I
know.  Perhaps I could ask her if she would be interested.  How long has it
been since it was used?  Retiring equipment is a hard thing, isn't it?  I
have several things too I now no longer use and that I need to deal with
somehow.