[bksvol-discuss] Re: Remove from scan list

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 23:29:01 EDT

I am personally acquainted with a person who is an NLS patron on the sole
basis of being dyslexic. It is not the agencies that make the qualifications.
It
 is the law that makes the agencies possible that makes the qualifications.
The  point is that the disability must be one that makes reading print books
impossible or so difficult as to be impractical. In a message dated 9/22/2008
10:54:04 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Roger,  Bookshare has a broader definition of physical disabilities than does

NLS.  Individuals who do not qualify for NLS can in fact qualify for
Bookshare -
for example, those with dyslexia.  So it does make a  difference if you're
one of
Bookshare's patrons who do not qualify for the  NLS.

Judy s.
Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Nevertheless,  though, there are physical disabilities that do not
> qualify one for  NLS services. However, the exact same qualifications
> hold for the  NLS, RFB&D and Bookshare, so I don't see that it makes a
>  difference.
To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email  to
bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
put the word 'unsubscribe' by  itself in the subject line.  To get a list of
available commands, put the  word 'help' by itself in the subject line.