[bksvol-discuss] Re: Remove from scan list

  • From: Karen Harshfield <karenh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 17:00:36 -0700

This brings up a question that's sort of been floating around in the back of my mind.

What is the policy (or is there even a policy) at bookshare about books that are available from NLS, either in web braille or in the new digital format? Is anyone concerned about seemingly duplicating effort to get a book published in more than one accessible format? If I were to be asked, I would prefer all books in the digital format provided by bookshare, and not in a human voice recording format.

- Karen

At 05:07 PM 9/20/2008, you wrote:
Hi everybody.  I will not be scanning these books.

The Body in the Snowdrift by Katherine Hall Page.  It is available from NLS.

Code Talkers of WW II.  This book became a difficult project and I do not
feel like hassling with tables, etc.

Thanks for removing them.

--
Mary Anne Lynskey