[bksvol-discuss] Re: Rejecting a great scan for too many page breaks

  • From: Megmil85@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 17:38:20 EDT

Hmm. Well, I don't exactly understand how I'd figure out how many hard page
 breaks there are, but I'm glad to know they'd accept it. It seemed like
they  were getting so picky with everything that they wouldn't. But hey, if
they're  okay with it, can you just resubmit it as is and put hold for Megan
in the  title? That way I can finish reading it and will mark it for
approval. I'm so  confused about the whole page number thing I wasn't sure what
do. Sorry and  thanks for letting me know what they said.
Megan

In a message dated 6/9/2009 2:16:44 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Meg:
My note I got  says the  following:
Dear Amber

Thank you for your efforts to prepare a book for  Bookshare. We are
contacting you because your submission, Deep Drive: A Long  Journey to Finding
the
Champion
Within by Rob Bradford, Mike Lowell has  been marked for more editing
before publication on Bookshare.org.

We invite you to contact
_volunteer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:volunteer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
if you  need more information regarding this submission. We appreciate the
time you  spend contributing to Bookshare.org, and look forward to
continuing  to
build the collection together.

Below are some of the specific reasons for the  request for further editing
of this submission:

To the rejecter: I am returning this book to the  checkout queue since
there are 274 hard page breaks in it, which is just fine.  In fact, I'd approve
the
book as is. The reason you see over 400 page  breaks is because your editor
is counting soft page breaks as well as hard.  Please ignore the soft page
breaks.
The only reason they are present is to  tell you that if you were to print
the book on a printer, that's where the  next page would start. If you want
figure out how many hard page breaks  there are, please do a global replace
of page break to page break (which is ^m  in MS Word) and look at that
number.
Thank you,
The Bookshare  Team
Book blog:
_http://community.livejournal.com/book_cuddler/_
(http://community.livejournal.com/book_cuddler/)
I  have accepted a seat in the House of Representatives, and thereby have
consented to my own ruin, to your ruin, and to the ruin of our children. I
give
John  Adams
E-Mail: _amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxxx (mailto:amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx)

steps!