[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question on children's book without page numbers

  • From: "Valerie Maples" <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 21:19:14 -0500

Cindy, our 19-year-old daughter who passed away, was a true giver. Her
favorite movie was "Pay It Forward" and she took her opportunities to serve
others very seriously. I'd like to think that we've always had a volunteer
spirit in our family, but finding such a meaningful way that we can give
back to something that is so important to us is a true joy. Unfortunately
too many people overlook literacy opportunities for people with severe
disabilities. Not any knock on audio books or text to speech, but there is a
huge difference between that and having print come to life in your own mind.
Thanks to BookShare there are infinitely more opportunities for people like
Doug, Cindy, and Nichole. Hopefully I can be part of that contribution and
help others along the way.

Take care!

Valerie

Check out my kids at: