[bksvol-discuss] Re: Portential greeters

  • From: "Dornetta" <dornetta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 19:53:58 -0400

Hello Patricia;
Welcome to bookshare. I can honestly say that I understand your reservations
about actively becoming involved. It can seem very overwhelming when reading
through all of the material on the website (proofing and scanning manuals).  I
would suggest to you to just keep checking the "check out" cue and when you see
a title that interest you after reading the synopsis (you can do this by
clicking on the title of the book), then just download and start. Post on the
list and someone will gladly offer you help. There are some extremely nice and
helpful people on the list and no one will deny you assistance. On my first
proof, I had to ask "how do you start the proofreading process"--what do you do
when you start your first proof? (this question was directed at the veterans of
proofreading and I actually got some folks emailing me off list with their
versions of manuals. Anyway, welcome and enjoy!
Happy volunteering,
Netta