[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: validating in your sleep?

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 21:52:14 -0700 (PDT)

Apparently that's the way your bio-clock is set,
Kaitlyn. Quite a few years ago there was an experiment
where volunteers were put into  a cave, or an
underground enclosed room -- no lights or anything.
That is, when they wanted to be awake, they could turn
on the lights and do their normal activities, and go
to sleep when they wanted to. (I think this may have
been in France). The results of the study were that
people have different biological clocks. Some slept
longer than 8 hours and some less. Some functioned in
the night hours (this may have been a different study)
and some in the daytime. If you could have a job that
fit yhour biological clock, you'd sleep better. Of
course, with children, that's impossible. Both my
husband and I are night people. He finds his brain
works much better at night. Before we had children,
and now that they are grown and gone from the house,
our bedtime is around 2 a.m.. I get up between 9 and
10, and he, sometimes, between 10 and 11. When the
children wre growing up, of course, this wasn't
possible for me, but he pretty much kept his hours.
I'd have to keep the kids quiet until he woke or or,
later, until they went to school.

Cindy

> My sleep has always been off. Well, unless you count
> when I would go to
> sleep at 4 AM and get up at noon. Then I use to
> sleep pretty solid. Strange,
> eh?

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/online.html