[bksvol-discuss] Re: Knitting books

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 15:56:13 -0500

The charts are not nearly as hard as a family tree, but it is a lot of work
to type the symbols and to make sure they are correct.

Like I might do:

(granted I'm not a hand knitter only a machine knitter and I haven't done
it in a while so I might make up some stitches here)

x = knit
o = purl
/ = psso

And here is the chart:
Row 1: xxxxxxxxxxooooooooooxxxxxxxxxx
Row 2: xxxxxxxxxxxooooooooxxxxxxxxxx
Row 3: xxxxxxxxxxxxooooooxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well, that's enough to give you an idea. You just type out exactly what the
chart has. If it uses x, o and / then you use those. If it uses symbols you
can't duplicate on your keyboard, I assign it a letter or a number and put
that in the key.

So they're not "hard" like figuring out a family tree, just a lot of work
in typing them and making sure you've typed them correctly.

--
Jamie in Michigan

Currently Reading: Heads You Lose by Lisa Lutz