[bksvol-discuss] Re: Knitting books

  • From: "Sandi Ryan" <sjryan2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 16:52:55 -0600

Hi Cindy,

I would say yes, in that knitting books are often written with charts showing
how to create the pattern using symbols.  The charts would be similar to a
family tree, but perhaps not as simple to describe.  I think particularly of
Valerie's recent efficient description of a rather complex famly tree.  Each
symbol on a knitting chart needs to be dealt with, and sometimes the symbols
for one row are to be read left to right and for the next are to be read right
to left.   Also, the image description is currently being inserted separately
from the text, so that if I want to read it in Braille, my understanding is
there wouldn't be an image description.  I could be wrong about that.  I have
not knowingly attempted to read a described book in Braille.

Sandi