[bksvol-discuss] Re: Just for the credit

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 13:28:10 -0500 (EST)

Ernie

Let me clarify something.  While many validators take great pains and take
great pride in their validating, officially, BookShare itself has very
minimal expectations from validators.
These include making certain that the book isn't already in the
collection, checking title/author/copyright,
making certain that the submission is a scanned book rather than an etext
from somehere else, that the text portion of the book is complete, that it
is readable, and that it contains some page breaks.
Most certainly, many of us do far more; but that is a decision on our own
part and not mandated by Bookshare.