[bksvol-discuss] Re: Intro

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 15:37:13 -0600

Hello, and welcome to the list.
I'm thrilled to hear that we have a person interested in non-fiction books, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. :-) They are often more challenging to scan and validate, so there are fewer people with enough interest to cary them through the task. Make sure to start with something at a moderate difficulty level and work up so you dont lose enthusiasm. I'd suggest holding off on things with charts for a while, because they are time consuming and bookshare is now working on improvements to the formatting of books. Text books will certainly be of higher quality after the changes have been made. That doesn't mean you shouldn't start working on books for bookshare now, though.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
Assistive Technology Trainer
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity

----- Original Message ----- From: "L Fairman" <lfairman@xxxxxxxxxxx>