[bksvol-discuss] Intro

  • From: "L Fairman" <lfairman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 12:45:43 -0800

Hi all,

Just a note to introduce myself ...

I've recently joined BookShare and subscribed to the related email lists. I submitted my request to become a volunteer, and look forward to contributing.

I'm very much enjoying the extensive book collection, as well as the friendly and knowledgeable contributions of individual participants on the lists.

I amm in the process of retiring from a couple of decades in state government work -- Information Technology, Research, and Management. While those jobs were good experiences, I admit to an eagerness for free time to read and explore more personal interests. My guess is that I'll enjoy focusing on scanning/validating non-fiction books, since many of my interests fall in that category
-- math/science, economics/financial planning, music, theology, language/metaphor/symbols, dance, marketing/small business enterprise, etc.

Looking forward to working/discussing with you-all.

Thanks.
LuRetta Fairman
LFairman@xxxxxxxxxxx