[bksvol-discuss] Re: If text is too good

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 17:46:21 -0500

Actually, the few E-books I have seen had pretty weird formatting.  I think
I can get better results scanning and editing.  Sometimes there are mistakes
I am sure, but there aren't very many, and I often ask for help for
individual words that are messed up and unguessable, so I am basically
repeating what other said. If there is no obvious indication that it was an
E-book it probably wasn't.  I don't think anyone is going to go after
bookshare for having perfect copies of books, because they won't have
access, and won't be able to tell it is an E-book if you can't.  Suspicion
won't work for the law, and if it was determined to be an E-book later it
could be removed.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity