[bksvol-discuss] Re: If text is too good

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 15:00:00 -0700 (PDT)

MIke, me again (I should have read *all* the posts
before answering before).

It isn't necesssarily -- or even probably-- the OCR
program or the scanner but Deborah (or Debra) herself
who perfected her submission. My scanner/OCR program
makes all the usual errors -- ri for m, m for in,
sometimes the number one for capital I -- many more --
it all depends on the book -- I think it's the
print-page contrast (yes, Guido and Pratik, I know
about the grey scan) and the age of the book. Anyway,
she probably, as has been mentioned by others, reads
the book and prefects it before submitting it.

Cindy

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail