[bksvol-discuss] Re: HarperCollins donations

  • From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 00:40:56 -0400

I agree with you here. It seems likely to me that there will always be a place
for us submitters and validators. There are lots of old books, rare books,
books published by small presses, places such as Dharma Publishing, for
instance, that specialize in books for people with particular interests. It
doesn't seem likely that these publishers will all send their files to
Bookshare; and in many cases, such as older books, there may be no file to send.

It may be that we won't need to do the most popular or mainstream books as much
in the future. But I think I will be able to look forward to always having
books to scan and validate.

Evan