[bksvol-discuss] Re: Got my first book to validate and some questions: Volunteers: how much work is realistic

  • From: "Jana Jackson" <jana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 14:06:00 -0500

Hi, Mike!  Actually, in this case, the page numbers would be annoying.  They
aren't in any particular place on the page, and a lot of them have been left
out.  I agree that in most cases, especially if they were where they're
supposed to be, the page numbers would be helpful.  However, I believe that
Bookshare strips them out before making the books available to us whenever
possible.  If the page numbers are correct, though, you can still find a
given page in VictorSoft if you download the Daisy version.  In shannon's
case, if the text is okay, it really would be better to delete them and
upload the book.  Take care!

Jana