[bksvol-discuss] Re: Got my first book to validate and some questions: Volunteers: how much work is realistic

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 10:57:33 -0700 (PDT)

Shannon,  Quite often the first page of a chapter
either has no page number or the number is at the
bottom of the page whereas the other page numbers are
at the top. When the page number is missing, I usually
put it in brackets so the sequence is kept straight
and readers don't think a page is missing.

As to the rest of  your question, maybe  ou can put
the ISBN number into google -- if it's wrong because a
3 should be an 8, google might correct it for you. Or
one can find books by putting the ISBN number into
amazon.com. If they have it, they sometimes allow one
to see the copyright page. Or, of course, you can get
the book from the library -- but be sure ou hve the
rigtht edition. Pagination will be different if  one
book is hardbound and the other is paperback or Large
Print edition.

Cindy

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail